Is it just me or did 2014 come and go quickly? Part of a new year is having resolutions. One of mine in 2015 is to consistently blog meaningful and relevant information. Steven’s Printing is in the process of evolving into a marketing services provider. Print will always be at the core of what we do. We don’t want to limit our communication to just print in a world that has gone increasingly digital. It is my goal to provide not only relevant print information on a weekly basis but also information that is marketing based. Please feel free to comment on anything you read in our blog over the upcoming year.
There was an article in Inc. magazine that featured 23 quotes to inspire a successful year. This quote stood out to me due to the times we are in with rapidly changing technology and the flood of information and messaging that bombards us on a daily basis.
“We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves, otherwise we harden.”
Johan Wolfgang von Goethe
This weeks relevant information has to do with designing a brochure. The Five musts are below and I have included the link for more in depth information on each area.
• First Define Your Customer and Then Define Your Brochure - In the world of business, everyone needs to target to a certain extent. This may be by age, location or social status.
• White Space - White space is synonymous with readability; you never underestimate this.
• Design - Only consider designing your own brochure if you have the professional in house capabilities to do so. You may think that designing your own brochure will save you money, but actually – in the long term, printing undesirable brochures that one one will read will actually cost you a lot more in time, effort and of course – money too.
• Brand - You print a brochure to inform your customers, informing your customers is useless if they don’t know you – or worse, they don’t remember you. Create brand guidelines and stick to them.
• Copy & Proof - Last but by no means is least, creating great content and proofing your copy is crucial. Think about design and market research as the build of your house, and your content the interior.
Source: My Print Resource
About Steven’s Multi-Touch Marketing:
Steven’s Printing is a printing company serving the San Francisco Bay Area including the East Bay, Oakland, Berkeley, Emeryville, Concord, Walnut Creek, Mountain View, Dublin, Pleasant Hill, Richmond and San Mateo. Our digital printing services include full-color post card printing, custom business stationery printing, direct mail printing, corporate newsletter printing and 4-color advertising brochure printing. Additionally, Stevens is a trusted label printer, catalog printer and promotional product printer. Our focus on high quality and excellent customer service has given us the reputation as the one of the best printers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our business support services including multi-media and multi-channel marketing support including….
unique specialty products, trade show marketing, corporate gifts, mobile, web and social media marketing.
Connect with Jeff Clark, Co-Owner @ www.linkedin.com/in/StevensPrinting