Many times organizations create strategies based on convenience or recycle tactics that were successful for the masses. Just because one form of communication is successful with a majority of your donors doesn’t mean that you should be using it to communicate with your entire house file or prospect list.
Below are five steps to take to better accommodate the different preferences of your constituents
- Start tracking how they are engaging with each channel.
- Build groups that respond best to each channel.
- Create strategies that target each group through the channel it prefers
- Make a list of all the ways you communicate with your constituents.
- Test the strategies you put in place to make sure they are working.